Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yes, we're alive... and BLESSED! :)

WOW, HAS IT REALLY BEEN FOUR MONTHS? I am SUCH a bad blogger. I made this blog for the purpose of updating my family and friends on our growing little family, and I've completely let everyone down. Let me do my best to briefly fill you...

Owen Charles Jeroloman was born on March 12th and 2:34 p.m. Truth is, I did write my entire birth story on this blog when he was two weeks old, but the site timed out and I lost the entire thing except for the first two paragraphs. I was so frustrated... maybe that's why I have been MIA. It's taken me this long to get over the time I spent on it! :)

ANYWAYS... Owen is truly the most amazing blessing in my life. I still find myself sitting here at times just staring at him wondering how in the world I got so lucky?!? Chuck and I have learned so much these past (almost) four months. It's been a crazy, wild ride as new parents, but I wouldn't trade anything. One thing is for sure, we would not be such successful parents without the love and guidance we've had our entire lives from our very own parents.

So, now that Owen is almost four months old (where has the time gone?!?), he has had many firsts...

Smile - His first real smile where he was interacting with us was when he was exactly three weeks old. I had him in the bed with us and Chuck kept saying "dada." Guess he thought it was funny because he smiled a few times at him. :)

Laugh - Owen's first real laugh was when he was nine weeks old. My sister Brooke had him on the pillow and was kind of shaking it while he was laying on it. He kept laughing and it was the most precious sound ever!

Cooing - He started really making those talking noises at 6 weeks. Now he's a babbling machine. I'm sure people in Target (we are there a lot it seems)and at Chuck's baseball games think I'm such a crazy lady because I am ALWAYS having conversations with the little man. I just get what he's saying... you know? So why not talk back? :)

Holding his toys - Owen began holding and grabbing for his toys at 8 weeks.

Rolling over - So fun to watch! He rolled over for the first time at 13 weeks. We were amazed and cheered him on the entire way. :)

Teething - Oh goodness... the little man is already beginning to teeth. Any suggestions on how to ease his pain are greatly welcomed!

Ohhh... and maybe I shouldn't share this, but I'm going to anyways. This little guy passes gas like a 40-year-old man. I mean it is soooo loud sometimes. It absolutely doesn't phase him, but yikes it is embarrassing when you are in CVS at the checkout line with a bunch of other people around. He does it all the time in public, haha.

So, people ask me what our secret is to having such a happy baby. I really have no clue. He has just been happy from day one. He laughs nonstop and is constantly smiling.

And I definitely have to mention Tyson. He has been great with Owen. We were honestly worried how he would handle it because he is so protective of me. However, he has been awesome. I am so proud of Tyson!! Such a good big brother. :)

Well here are some pictures/vidoes from the past few months of Owen. I will blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment