Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Injuries :(

Well, I feel like I jinxed Chuck. In my last post I wrote about how he was leading the league in games played. Well, he's such a fighter when it comes to injuries. He's played through a broken hand before, broken finger, getting hit in the head/right above his ear!! (though he had to go on the DL), etc. etc. etc. But a few days ago he fouled a ball straight off his foot. It was pretty painful just to watch! Anyways, it has kept him out of the game for three days now. And it's killing Chuck because he loves playing! However, it's getting better and hopefully he'll be back on the field tomorrow. He's been doing treatment after every game and does this stim (I have NO clue what it is. We actually had a discussion about it because I was apparently pronouncing it wrong, though I walked away from the conversation still confused as heck as to how to say what whatever it was he was doing to his foot!) thing to it every night. He actually fell asleep with it on last night and when I realized it I freaked out because I thought it was on way too long and it would seriously damage his foot! Hah. Well, there is apparently a timer on it... so no worries now! :) Also last week Chuck hurt his knee in a collision at the plate (picture posted below). Maybe it isn't such a bad thing he is sitting out a few games. He needs to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment