Thursday, July 8, 2010

Father's Day

I had so much fun doing something special for Chuck on his first Father's Day. Though he had a double header that day, we were still able to celebrate early that morning. I made him breakfast and cookies to take to the field to share with the boys. I also got him some other stuff and put it all out on the kitchen table. I placed Owen in his bumbo and put him on the table too. Chuck walked down the stairs and I loved seeing the smile on his face when he saw what was waiting for him. I think his favorite gift was the love he got from the little man in the bumbo that morning! :)







And NO JOKE. I am STILL waiting on another gift I ordered for him. It is a framed father's day poem that is personalized. It was guaranteed delivery for Father's Day. YEAH RIGHT! They already gave me my money back for shipping and the personalization fee. They claim UPS is just behind so that is why it is taking so long. Um... it takes a month for priority mail?!? I DON'T THINK SO! I'm calling them tomorrow and telling them I want ALL of my money back now. I've been more than patient with them. But anyways... this is what the poem says.

MY DADDY'S HAND

Daddy, Take my hand in yours and you will plainly see,
How very much I need you now to love and care for me.
As my little hand grows, I will need you even more,
Everything I do in life, I have never done before.
Teach me to be kind and loving, sharing and forgiving,
Show me through your acts of love the pure joy of living.
The years will pass by quickly and one day I will be grown,
I will pass what you have taught me onto children of my own.
Hold me always in your thoughts and remember when we are apart,
The special love between a child and a daddy's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment